How to choose the best countertop wine cooler
Here are some of the factors you should consider when choosing the type of wine cooler that you want to buy.
- Type: First of all, you should decide on the type of cooler that you want to buy. Countertop coolers come with either single zone cooling or dual zone cooling. Single zone cooling have only one cooling area and a single temperature control. This is ideal for people who want to store whites or reds only. On the other hand, dual zone cooling have two cooling zones and perfect for those who have a larger wine collection.
- Size: The size of countertop wine cooler you should choose depends on how much bottles of wine you need to store. If you have a larger collection, a bigger countertop cooler will be perfect. If you are a starter, a smaller one will suffice.
- Price: Countertop wine coolers come in different prices. However, it is worth noting that ones with dual zone cooling are rather expensive than the ones with single zone cooling. Always remember to stay within your budget and keep quality in mind.
Why you need a countertop wine cooler
Apart from being stylish and adding a great touch to your room décor, countertop wine coolers are more versatile items. There are more benefits to using them which include:
- Customization: Customize the temperature of the fridge to one that creates the perfect climate for ageing your wine as a result bringing out the true full flavor of the wines in the long-term.
- Temperature stability: Provide a stable temperature in both the short and long term as compared t: o the temperature of regular refrigerator which is not stable.
- Space: They help in freeing up storage space in your regular refrigerator for the storage of other items.
- Limited sunlight: They limit the amount of natural light that the wines are exposed to with either solid or glass doors with built-in light protection. Extended exposure to light can destroy your wines’ flavor.
- Consistent humidity: They provide heavy insulation which maintains constant humidity which is essential for ageing your wine properly.
Top 10 Best Countertop Wine Coolers in 2019
- Culinair, AW162S Thermoelectric 16-Bottle Wine Cooler
- Wine Enthusiast, Stainless Steel/Wood Shelves Silent 12-Bottle Wine Cooler
- DELLA, Counter Top 16 Bottle Red White Darks Mini Wine Fridge
- Koldfront, TWR160S 16 Bottle Thermoelectric Freestanding Wine Cooler
- NutriChef, 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Counter Top Wine Cooler
- Avanti, 12 Bottle Thermoelectric Counter Top Wine Cooler – Model EWC1201
- Magic Chef, MCWC12B 12-Bottle Wine Cooler
- Magic Chef, MCWC6B 6 Bottle Countertop Wine Cooler
- SMETA, Thermoelectric Wine Cooler Refrigerator Cabinet Counter Top Mini Beer Cellar
- Ivation, 8 Bottle Counter Top Wine Cooler/Chiller